- UID
- 15248
- 帖子
- 19457
- 积分
- 58820
- 学分
- 189482 个
- 金币
- 1000 个
- 性别
- 男
- 在线时间
- 20296 小时
|
Food We Hate 我们讨厌的食物
点击收听
Katie: So what are three foods you can't stand? Three foods that you hate?
凯蒂:哪三种食物是你不能忍受的?哪三种食物是你讨厌的?
Gilda: Number one would be chocolate.
吉尔达:第一种是巧克力。
Katie: Chocolate?
凯蒂:巧克力?
Gilda: Yes.
吉尔达:对。
Katie: That's crazy.
凯蒂:那太疯狂了。
Gilda: I don't like the feeling you have when you put a piece of chocolate inside your mouth. It's like too hot. Like if I eat a piece of chocolate, I need to drink a lot of water.
吉尔达:我不喜欢把巧克力放在嘴里的那种感觉。太热了。如果我吃巧克力,那我要喝很多水。
Katie: Wow.
凯蒂:哇哦。
Gilda: It feels – I don't like it. Yeah.
吉尔达:那种感觉……我不喜欢。
Katie: I will gladly eat all your chocolate. If you have chocolate you don't want, I'm here.
凯蒂:我很乐意吃掉你所有的巧克力。如果你有巧克力,你又不想吃,给我好了。
Gilda: Yeah. It's weird because when, you know, chocolate is very popular as a gift. Somebody is always giving you chocolate and I take it because I don't want to say toeverybody like, "I hate chocolate actually." But yeah, what about you? What's something youdon't really like?
吉尔达:好的。这很奇怪,因为巧克力是非常受欢迎的礼物。有人经常送巧克力,而我会接受,因为我不想跟所有人说,“其实我讨厌巧克力”。你呢?哪种食物是你不喜欢的?
Katie: Well, I have something I don't like that I think is really popular. And every time I say Idon't like it, I always get the same like, "What?" kind of reaction, but I don't like ice cream.
凯蒂:我不喜欢的食物非常受欢迎。每次我跟别人说我不喜欢这种食物,他们的反应都是“你说什么?”不过我真的不喜欢冰激凌。
Gilda: What?
吉尔达:你说什么?
Katie: I don't like ice cream. I don't think food should be that cold. I don't like it. Food shouldn'tbe too cold to eat.
凯蒂:我不喜欢冰激凌。我认为食物不应该是冷的。我不喜欢。不应该吃太冷的食物。
Gilda: Really?
吉尔达:真的吗?
Katie: It's just not...
凯蒂:就是……
Gilda: You don't know what you're missing. Ice creams are really, really good especially insummer.
吉尔达:你都不知道你错过了什么。冰激凌真的非常美味,尤其夏天食用更佳。
Katie: Chocolate is really good. Chocolate, I'll take chocolate over ice cream any day.
凯蒂:巧克力也很美味。相比冰激凌,我更喜欢吃巧克力。
Gilda: Well, you can try chocolate ice cream.
吉尔达:好吧,你可以试试巧克力冰激凌。
Katie: Oh, chocolate ice cream is the worst. Chocolate ice cream is the worst. No, thank you.
凯蒂:哦,巧克力冰激凌是最糟的。巧克力冰激凌是最糟糕的食物。不用了,谢谢。
Gilda: What about a second one? Do you have any second food that you don't like?
吉尔达:那第二种食物呢?你还有不喜欢的食物吗?
Katie: I don't like tomatoes. Which is strange because I eat lots of pasta with tomato-flavoredstuff in it. But just tomatoes by themselves is not something I enjoy. Whenever I have like ahamburger with a tomato, I always have to take it out and give it to someone else. Just, I don'tlike it. It's just juicy and not in a good juicy way.
凯蒂:我不喜欢番茄。其实这很奇怪,因为我经常吃用番茄调味的意大利面。不过我不喜欢番茄。如果汉堡里有番茄,我会把它们拿出来,给其他人吃。我只是不喜欢番茄。番茄汁液丰富,但并不美味。
Gilda: I don't like garlic.
吉尔达:我不喜欢大蒜?
Katie: You don't like garlic?
凯蒂:你不喜欢大蒜吗?
Gilda: I like garlic in food but I don't like to see it or eat it and have this, the taste of garlic, Idon't like it.
吉尔达:我喜欢在食物里放大蒜,但是我不喜欢看到或吃到大蒜,我不喜欢大蒜的味道。
Katie: Once you've got the taste of garlic, you don't get rid of that for about three days.
凯蒂:一旦你吃了大蒜以后,三天都去除不了那种味道。
Gilda: Exactly. That's another thing. Yeah. So when my mom is cooking and using garlic, she... after that, she had to remove it. She cannot leave any evidence that she was using garlic inher food. Yes.
吉尔达:没错。那是另一回事了。我妈妈做饭时会放大蒜,然后她会把大蒜拿出去。她不能留下任何表明她在食物里放了大蒜的证据。
Katie: Is there another food that you don't like?
凯蒂:你还有其他讨厌的食物吗?
Gilda: I would say sprouts, Brussel sprouts.
吉尔达:我会说抱子甘蓝。
Katie: Yeah. No one likes sprouts.
凯蒂:对,没人喜欢抱子甘蓝。
Gilda: Yes. It's bitter and even though some people say it's good for your body, I don't likethem.
吉尔达:没错。抱子甘蓝很苦,虽然有人说它对身体有好处,那我也不喜欢。
Katie: I think, yeah, sprouts are just universally hated. No one like sprouts.
凯蒂:我认为所有人都讨厌抱子甘蓝。没有人喜欢它。
Gilda: Yeah. But when you are a child, your parents, for some reason always giving you that.
吉尔达:对。不过因为某些原因,父母通常会让孩子吃抱子甘蓝。
Katie: Yeah. Cruel.
凯蒂:对,太残忍了。
Gilda: Yeah. I don't like it. It looks like – I feel like a cow eating those things. Yeah.
吉尔达:没错。我不喜欢它。那就像……我感觉就像是牛在吃东西一样。
Katie: Yeah. I can imagine. It's just—ugh!
凯蒂:对,我可以想象。那真是……哦!
Gilda: What about you? Any other?
吉尔达:你呢?你还有其他不喜欢的食物吗?
Katie: I have one more but it's really strange. I've never actually eaten them but looking atthem makes me really uncomfortable, and that's olives. I hate olives.
凯蒂:还有一种食物我很讨厌,不过其实很奇怪。我从来没吃过这种食物,不过只是看着它就让我感觉很不舒服,那就是橄榄。我讨厌橄榄。
Gilda: No. I love them.
吉尔达:不是吧,我很喜欢橄榄。
Katie: I can't stand olives. Just looking at them makes me want to scream.
凯蒂:我受不了橄榄。只是看着它们就让我想尖叫。
Gilda: Really?
吉尔达:真的吗?
Katie: Like I think it's the hole. I don't like the hole in olives. I'm like scared of olives. It's reallystrange, but no.
凯蒂:我想我讨厌的是洞。我不喜欢橄榄上的洞。可以说我被橄榄吓到了。这很奇怪,不过我就是不喜欢。
Gilda: I like them.
吉尔达:我喜欢。
Katie: You can have my olives.
凯蒂:你可以拿走我的橄榄。
Gilda: Very tasty green, black.
吉尔达:绿橄榄和黑橄榄都非常美味。
Katie: No. If I see them in a jar at the supermarket—
凯蒂:不行,如果我在超市里看到罐装的橄榄……
Gilda: Better than chocolate.
吉尔达:比巧克力要好。
Katie: Just no. No. No, no, no. I don't like them. Scared of olives. It's the craziest thing everbut no. I don't like olives. Keep them away from me.
凯蒂:不是,不对,不对,不是这样的。我不喜欢橄榄。我怕橄榄。那是最疯狂的事情。我不喜欢橄榄。把它们拿走,离我远点。
Gilda: Good.
吉尔达:好吧。 |
|