去原文收听听力
F:Jim? Jim?…What are you doing in the kitchen?
吉姆?吉姆?……你在厨房做什么?
M:Nothing, Mummy. I was hungry so I came here for some milk.
没什么,妈。我饿了,所以来找牛奶喝。
F:Milk? I thought you didn't like milk.
牛奶?我以为你讨厌喝牛奶。
M:I don't, but I couldn't find anything to eat in the refrigerator.
我是不喜欢,可是我在冰箱里找不到东西可以吃。
F:Nonsense. There's lots of food in the refrigerator... What's behind your back?
胡说。冰箱里有很多吃的。……你背后是什么东西?
M:Nothing.
没有啊。
F:What are you hiding behind your back? Let me see.
你背后藏了什么东西?给我看。
M:Promise that you won't get angry.
答应我你不会生气。
F:OK, I promise. What is it?
好,我答应。是什么?
M:It's a kitty.
是一只小猫咪。
F:Oh, Jim. I told you. No pets. It'll make a mess of this house.
哦,吉姆。我告诉过你,不准养小动物。它会把家里弄得一团糟。
M:Please, Mummy. Everybody else in my class keeps a pet. Please, I'll take care of it. It's a good kitty. It'll not bring you any trouble.
拜托嘛,妈,我们班上每个同学都有宠物。拜托啦,我会照顾它的。它不会给你添任何麻烦。
F:No way. It might belong to somebody else. You can't keep it here.
不行。它也许是别人养的。你不能把它留在这里。
M:Please, Mummy. I found it this afternoon by the garbage bin. It was starving and looking for something to eat. Please!You see, it's so cute and tame.
拜托啦,妈。我今天下午在垃圾桶旁边找到它的。它饿坏了,正在找东西吃。求求你!你看,它好可爱,好温顺的。
F:All right. But you have to clean up everything it messes up.
好吧。但是你得清理它弄乱的任何东西。
M:I will. Thank you, Mummy.
我会的。谢谢你,妈。