M:Well, Stella? Why do you look unhappy?
斯特拉,你看上去怎么不高兴?
W:Oh, Bill, I have just had a quarrel with Mr. Philips.
哦,比尔,我刚和菲力普先生吵了一架。
M:Mr. Philips! What on earth was it about?
和菲力普先生!到底是因为什么?
W:Well, I have made three bad mistakes so far this week. Today I forgot to give him an important message, so he got really angry with me.
这星期到目前为止我已经犯了三个严重的错误了。今天我忘了告诉他一个重要的留言,他就特别生气。
M:But I don’t understand. You are usually very careful and never make mistakes.
但我不明白,你一向都是很细心的,从来不出错。
W:I’m just so tired. I don’t know what I’m doing.
我只是太累了。我都不知道自己在做什么。
M:Why? Have you been going to bed late these days?
为什么?你这些天很晚才睡吗?
W:No. I’m usually in bed at about eleven. But I’ve been woken up at half past four every morning. And then I can not go back to sleep again.
不是。我通常是在11点睡觉。但是每天早上4
M:Why?
怎么回事?
W:It’s my new neighbor, the milkman next door. He has to get up at half past four and he always turns the radio on loudly.
我的住处新搬来了个邻居,是个送牛奶的。他每天早上4
M:Ask him to turn it down then.
那就让他关小一点呗。
W:It’s difficult. I don’t know him yet.
很难。我还不认识他呢。
M:If you don’t want to see him, write him a letter.
如果你不想见他的话,那就给他写封信。
W:Do you think it’s a good idea?
你觉得这个办法行得通吗?
M:Yes, I do. I’ll help you with the letter.
我想可以。我来帮你写信。
W:OK. Let’s try.
好。那我们试试吧。