Board logo

标题: 快来看老外是如何说“怂”的!怂用英语怎么说!? [打印本页]

作者: kobe    时间: 2016-10-10 08:20     标题: 快来看老外是如何说“怂”的!怂用英语怎么说!?

“怂“这个字几乎被国内外的朋友们玩坏了。在国内,人们通常用”怂“来形容那些软弱无能的人。可是不知道哪个朋友竟然把它拆解为“从心”(follow your heart),这样错误的翻译,真让人哭笑不得。下面带着大家看看老外是如何用英语表达“怂”的吧。




(1)coward 懦夫


I was, to my shame, a coward.

我很惭愧,我是个懦夫。

He's a coward and a bully who confuses physical strength with manhood.

他是一个懦夫,一个分不清蛮力和大丈夫气概的恃强凌弱者。

But, at the same time, I admit that I was born a coward.

但是同时我不得不承认我是一个天生的懦夫。

I would be a coward if I left now.

如果我现在离开,就成了一个懦夫。


作者: kobe    时间: 2016-10-10 08:21






(2)wimp 软骨头


But he looks like such a wimp: I'm afraid he doesn't have the guts to handle a realcrisis when it comes up.


可是,他看起来像个软骨头。 我担心,在真正发生危机的时候,他可能不会有足够的勇气来处理问题。

I was a wimp.


我是个窝囊废。


What a wimp that boy is!


那真是个没有骨气的男孩。





作者: kobe    时间: 2016-10-10 08:21

(3)weakling 没用的人


Think that weakling is a worthy opponent?


你认为那个懦夫配做我的对手吗?


Next time I'll leave you in the trash, weakling!


下次我不帮你了,没用的家伙!


You are a miserable weakling.


你是一个可怜的弱者。




作者: kobe    时间: 2016-10-10 08:22






(4)wuss 胆小鬼


Are you being a wuss?


你想当胆小鬼?


I'll tell you what kind-a coward, a wuss.


我告诉你们,是懦夫,是胆小鬼!


(5)craven 懦夫


No man wants to be thought a craven person.


没有人希望被人认为是个懦夫。


A hero risks his life to help others; a craven runs from the scene.


英雄冒着生命危险去帮助别人;而懦夫却临阵脱逃。









欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com./) Powered by Discuz! 7.2