Board logo

标题: 职场英语场景六:他手边有太多事要做了 [打印本页]

作者: 幽幽草    时间: 2007-2-28 16:04     标题: 职场英语场景六:他手边有太多事要做了

Vince: Morning, Zina. Just wanted to say thanks again!

文斯: 早安,吉娜。只是想再次说声谢谢!

Zina: Hi, Vince. Thanks for stopping by. How's the work coming along for the 1) online auction?

吉娜: 嗨,文斯。多谢你又顺道过来了。线上竞标的工作进行得如何?

Vince: Oh, yeah. I'm glad you 2) mentioned that. I think we need to hire somebody new to 3) manage it.

文斯: 对了。我很高兴你提起这件事。我认为我们得请个新人来负责这部分。

Zina: Can't Elvin 4) handle it?

吉娜: 艾文他处理不来吗?

Vince: I think he's got too much on his plate.

文斯: 他手边有太多事要做了。

语言详解

A: Will you tell your boss I'm interested in a job?

你会告诉你老板我有兴趣找工作吗?

B: I'll mention it tomorrow.

我明天就提。

【have too much on one's plate 贪多嚼不烂】

就算一个人的能力无穷,他的时间终究有限,若此时工作任务如排山倒海而来,难免让人怀疑他就算能一心二用,恐怕也免不了焦头烂额的下场,最后没有一样事情能做好。这种情况你就可以用Someone has too much on one's plate.来形容“(某人)贪多嚼不烂。”

A: I think he has too much on his plate right now.

我觉得他真的是贪多嚼不烂。

B: I agree. He's too busy to return my calls, and we have some important business to finish.

我同意。他忙到没时间回我电话,而我们还有重要的公事要敲定呢。

跟这个惯用词相近的还有have a lot on one's plate,“有很多事要忙”。

A: I know you've got a lot on your plate. But you also have to consider your health.

我知道你有很多事要忙。但是你也该为健康着想。

B: I can't agree more. 我完全同意。

1) online auction 线上竞标

2) mention (v.) 提及,说到

3) manage (v.) 管理, 处理

4) handle (v.) 料理,处理。take care of...亦为“料理,处理……”的意思




欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com./) Powered by Discuz! 7.2