Paisley slep most of the way there, her chin spilling over onto her jumper in white waves of flesh.
派斯里延长了大部分的路,她下巴上漏了果肉在她跳跳中。
I watched her in the rear view mirror as the trees rolled by, silently and unchanging.
我沉默不变地通过后视镜观看她。
My parents were waiting at the front door for us as we pulled into the driveway.
我父母在前门等着我们把车倒到车道上。
I could see their smiling,bobbing faces through the frostscraped window.
我能看见他们的笑容通过车窗。
They were exicted.
他们很兴奋。
It was Paisley’s first visit.
这是派斯里的第一次访问。
I carried her in my arms into the kitchen.
我抱着她进了厨房。
She was still asleep.
她还在睡。
My parents cooed quietly so that they wouldn’t wake her.
我父母都很轻声,因为他们不想吵醒她。
They were both eager to get a turn to hold her.
他们同时渴望着抱抱她,就轮流着抱。
As I gazed down at her, my mother said that I looked just like my father did when he used to hold me.
当我凝视着她时,我妈妈说我很像我小时候抱着我的父亲。
I didn’t take my eyes off Paisley as I lifted her high above my head.
我眼睛没有离开派斯里当我把她举过我头顶时。
I slowly turned with her in my outstretched arms, and I could hear my parents’ muffled protests.
我慢慢地伸出手接过她,我隐约地听到我父母地小声抗议。
They soundd as if they were a world away from the two of us.
他们走开了。
Paisley’s eyes burst open and met mine.
派斯里睁开了眼睛,然后看着我。
The blades of te ceiling fan just above her head floated slowly like wooden clouds.
她的头顶上风扇的叶子慢慢的转动
It was in that instant that I knew that everything would be different for her.
在那时刻我知道每件事都是不同的对于她来说。
She smiled and her face erupted into creases and pink gums.
她笑了,她的脸红通通的。
A thread of spittle slipped from her mouth, held there, and fell toward my face like a liquid diamond.
唾液从她的嘴里流出来,因为是举着她,这唾液就流到了我脸上。
It landed above my lip and I felt it with my tongue. It tasted like trust.
它流过我的嘴唇,我用舌头感觉了一下。这就是一种幸福。
欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com./) | Powered by Discuz! 7.2 |