1. That's more like it。 这才像话。(像个长者一样地说)
A: Don't talk to your brother that way!
别跟你哥哥那么说话!
B: I'm sorry I insulted you, Jimmy。
对不起,我侮辱了你,吉米。
A: That's more like it。
那这像话。
2. Do it yourself, then。 既然如此,你自己来吧。(别人抱怨你没做好的时候说)
A: That's not the way I wanted it done。
这可不是我想要的方式。
B: Do it yourself, then。
那你自己来呗。
3. See. / I told you (so)。 我老早告诉过你。(洋洋得意地、有先见之明地说!)
A: It was stupid of me to go bungee jumping。
我居然去蹦极,真是太蠢了。
B: See, I told you so。
看,我早就这么说。
4. That's going too far。 太过分了!
A: Should I buy my girlfriend a car?
我是不是该给我女朋友买部车呢?
B: That's going too far。
那太过分了!
5. I'm counting on you. / You're my only hope。 就指望你了。(可怜兮兮地说!)
A: Sure, I'll come watch you give your speech。
当然,我会来看你演讲的。
B: Great, I'm counting on you!
太好了,我就指望你了。
6. So what? 那又怎样?(毫不在乎地说!)
A: You're not wearing your seatbelt。
你没系安全带。
B: So what?
那又怎样?
7. Who do you think you are? 你以为你是谁啊?!(毫不客气地说!)
A: You shouldn't talk to your children that way。
你不该这么跟你的孩子们说话。
B: Who do you think you are? Mind your own business。
你以为你是谁啊?管好自己的事吧。
8. Do something (about it) ! / Don't just sit there! 想想办法吧!(别闲坐着!)
A: Honey, the garbage needs to be taken out。
亲爱的,垃圾该拿出去了。
B: So, don't just sit there, go do something about it!
那你就别光坐在那儿了,去做点事吧!
9. Any complaints? / Do you have something to say? 你有何不满?/你有什么话要说吗?
A: Can I see the work schedule for next week?
我能看看下星期的日程表吗?
B: Here it is. Do you have something to say?
这就是。你有什么要说吗?
10. Stop playing the fool. / Don't act stupid。 别装傻了。
A: Honey, would you please put the dishes in the dishwasher?
亲爱的,你能把碗碟放进洗碗机里吗?
B: I don't know how to run it。
我不知道怎么操作。
A: Stop playing the fool!
别装傻了!作者: 石头静儿 时间: 2011-1-11 22:26