A:Hi, Mike. We're having a party tonight, wanna come join us? You can bring your girlfriend. 嘿,麦克。我们今晚有个派对,你想加入我们吗?你可以带你的女朋友一起来。
B:Well. I am breaking up with Cathy. 额,我想和Cathy分手了。
A:What happened? Did you have a fight? 发生什么事?你们吵架了吗?
B:No. She is really a very nice girl… 不。她真的是一个非常好的女孩子…
A:Yeah, she is. She is pretty, caring, getting easy-going and she is a great cook. She is a gem. 是的,她是。她漂亮、体贴、随和,而且她的厨艺很棒。她简直是个宝贝。
B:Well, you are right. But sometimes she is too caring. Well, no… she’s just possessive and I kind of want a break… you know… for some room for myself. 额,你说得对。但是有时候她关心过头了。额,不…她只是占有欲太强了,我有点想分手…你知道的…为自己留一些空间。
A:Oh?! Did you talk with her about it? 噢?你和她谈过吗?
B:I've tried, but it didn't work. 我已经尝试了,但是没有用。
A:So, when are you going to tell her? 那么,你打算什么时候告诉她?
B:Maybe tonight. I don't know. I don't know how to tell her. 也许今晚。我不知道。我不知道如何告诉她。
A:I know she’s head over heels in love with you. She will be badly hurt! 我知道她彻底地爱上你了。你会伤得很严重!