- UID
- 12794
- 帖子
- 8757
- 积分
- 11224
- 学分
- 55317 个
- 金币
- 800 个
- 在线时间
- 799 小时
|
F: Welcome aboard!
F:欢迎你来本公司工作!
C: Thank you,I'm delighted to be working here,Ms.Buchwald.
C:谢谢。我很高兴能来这里上班,布华奇先生。
F: Call me Buck,will you?My name is Reginald Buchwald but everybody call me Buck.It's easier.
F:叫我布客就可以了,好吗?我的全名是雷奇纳客.布奇华,但是大家都叫我布客。这样比较方便。
C: I would hesitate to call you anything but Mr.Buchwald.Isn't it rather disrespectful to make a nickname out of the family name?
C:除了布奇华先生之外,我不好直呼其他名字,替别人另外取绰号,不是很不礼貌吗?
F: Will,President Eisenhower was known as Ike.Everybody in this company all the way up and down the line is called by his or her first name.
F:嗯,艾森豪威尔总统也被呢称为艾克。我们公司的上上下下都是直呼每个人的名字。
F: It's been our tradition ever since the company was small.And don't worry about the disrespect business.OK?
F:在我们公司规模很小的时候这就已经形成传统。不要担心不礼貌的事了,好吗?
C: I'll try.
C:我会试试看。
F: Good.But when there are outsiders,like business people from other companies,it might be good practice to address your higher-ups as Mr.,Ms.orwhatever is appropriate.
F:好。不过。如果有外人在时,如其他公司的人,最好能称呼你的上司为先生、小姐或任何适当的称谓。
F: To the outside world,our custom may be interpreted as a singn of flippancy or lax discipline.Get it?
C:对外人而言,我们的习惯可能会是轻率的和纪律松懈的表现。明白吗?
C: Yes,sir.
C:是的,先生。
F: (laughing)And don't sir me either.Now I'll show you your private office.
F:(笑着说)也不要叫我先生。现在,我带你去看你的私人办公室。 |
|