From feeling less tired to clearing up spots, drinking enough water can cure all sorts of ills.
饮用足够的水能帮你缓解疲劳,还能祛斑,可谓“包治百病”。
But the majority of people simply don't drink enough of it.
但大多数人都饮水不足。
Medical research centre the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota reveals that men should be drinking 13 cups of it a day on average, while women could consume nine.
位于美国明尼苏达州的医学研究中心梅奥诊所表示,男性每天应该喝13杯水,而女性应该喝9杯。
But every person's body is different - and the amount you really need to drink can be workedout using a simple scientific formula.
但每个人的身体都有差异,你需要的饮水量可以通过一个简单的科学公式来计算:
Step 1: Take your weight (in lbs) and divide it by 2.2.
1. 测量体重(单位:磅),然后除以2.2
Step 2: Multiply that number by your age.
2. 所得结果乘以年龄
Step 3: Divide that sum by 28.3.
3. 上述计算结果除以28.3
Step 4: Your total is how many ounces of water you should drink each day.
4. 计算出的结果就是你每天应该饮用的水量(单位:盎司)
Step 5: Divide that number by eight to see your result in cups.
5. 第4步的结果除以8,得出到底要喝几杯
However if you exercise regularly, you'll of course need to drink even more water to replacethe liquid you'll lose through sweat.
但如果你定期锻炼,你当然需要更多的饮水量,以补充排汗流失的体液。
The American College of Sports Medicine reports that you should drink an extra 12 ounces ofwater for every 30 minutes of exercise.
美国体育医药学院报告说,每锻炼半小时,你就需要多喝12盎司水(约合340毫升)。
Your diet can play a large role in helping to keep you hydrated.
饮食对帮你补水也起着重要作用。
Eating foods with a high water content, such as watermelon, cucumber and celery, can helpflush out toxins in your body.
食用含水量高的食物可以帮助身体排毒,比如西瓜、黄瓜和芹菜。
However, eating salty foods can do the opposite as your body will retain fluids to help dilutethe sodium you've just consumed - which is why we often bloat after eating sodium-rich foods, and get thirsty.
然而,食用含盐量高的食物会起到反作用,你的身体会保持体液以稀释你摄入的钠,所以我们在食用了富含钠的食物后经常感到腹胀,也容易口渴。
欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com./) | Powered by Discuz! 7.2 |