Board logo

标题: 享受艺术人生 [打印本页]

作者: yoyo530521    时间: 2008-12-31 16:14     标题: 享受艺术人生

Live Artfully

I met someone recently who knows how to live.

You know the type: self-possessedadj.镇静的、冷静的)confident, the kind of person who energizesv. 使活跃)a room. The kind of person who is alive to everything around them, who makes everyone they focus their attention on feel they could do more, they could be more. A natural-born leader who brings out the best in everyone without any apparent effort. Apparently fearless, they inspire by example, making our deepest concerns seem petty(adj.微小的) in the face of sheer living.

There is, I believe, an art to living. An art of living. Like a great painter, some people approach life as their canvasn.油画帆布), pulling together deliberate action and tight attention to detail here with a carefreeadj.随意的、无虑的) sloppinessn.喷溅) over there, creating a balanced and, in the end, entirely pleasing composition. Like the sculptor, they are always looking for potential form hidden under the seemingly shapeless mass of lived experience. And like a musician, they find ways of merging perfectly their own self-expression(自我表现) with forms that have been handed down to them and to others might seem formulaicadj,公式化的,刻板的)and routineadj.常规的,平凡的).

I don’t know if the sheer talent for living can be learned; it takes more than a few painting classes to develop the kind of sparkn.火花) we find in the work of Picasso, Vermeer, or Chagall. But that doesn’t mean we can’t learn anything from them, just as the beginning artist learns from studying the work of the great masters.

近来我曾遇到一些懂得如何生活的智者。
      你知道这种类型的人---冷静、自信,那种能让一屋子的人都活跃起来的人,留心身边的每一件事儿的人,能让别人聚集精神、感觉到自己还能做得更多、做得更好的人。一个天生的领导者能在不动声色中激发出他人的最大潜能。俨然无畏地,他们通过事例激发我们,让我们那纯粹因生计而生的深处的担忧变得似乎很微不足道。
我相信有一种叫做生活的艺术。生活的艺术。有如一名伟大的画家,有的像他们的画布一样接近生活,带着一种无忧无虑的凌乱,把谨慎的动作与高度的专注付诸于每个细节,创造出一份平衡的,并最终绝对让人惬意的作品。也如雕刻家一样,他们总是在寻找那种隐藏在看似不成形的大众生活经验下的潜在的格式。亦有如音乐家一样,他们找寻一种方式,巧妙地把他们自己的表达与那些传下来的形式结合起来,而对于其他人来说那些形式却可能显得毫不起眼,流于俗套。
      我不清楚纯粹的生活的才能是否可以通过学习得到。那将付出比几节绘画课更大的代价来获得那种在毕加索、维米尔、查高等大师作品中的灵光。然而那也并不意味着我们就不能从他们身上学得任何东西,就像初级艺术家可以从大师的作品中学习一样。

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com./) Powered by Discuz! 7.2