Board logo

标题: Three Jokes [打印本页]

作者: yunyou    时间: 2007-9-21 19:01     标题: Three Jokes

Three Jokes

Letter of Recommendation

When Peter learned that he was being fired, he went to see the head of human resources. "Since I've been with the firm for so long," he said, "I think I deserve at least a letter of recommendation. "

The human resources director agreed and said he'd have the letter the next day. The following morning, Peters found a letter on his desk. It read, "Jonathan Peters worked for our company for 11 years. When he left us, we were very satisfied."

Mushroom and Toadstool

Younger Scout: How can I tell the difference between a mushroom and a toadstool?

Older Scout: Just eat one before you go to bed. If you wake up the next morning, it was a mushroom. (Note:toadstool is a kind of poison mushroom)

A Good Thing

Larry and Harry drove 500 miles to go fishing. They paid a huge sum to rent a cabin, a similar about to rent a boat. They fished for three days and caught only one fish between them.

On the way home, Harry fiddled with a calculator; while Larry drove. After an hour, Harry said, "Do you realize that this I one 68f1'we caught cost us almost $ 2,000?"

"Wow!" Larry said. "It's a good thing we didn't catch any more."

欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com./) Powered by Discuz! 7.2