Board logo

标题: 保持健康从饮食开始 [打印本页]

作者: DZ    时间: 2007-8-22 15:18     标题: 保持健康从饮食开始



      Two colleagues, Bill and Mary, areshavingslunch in their office cafeteria.
  比尔和玛丽是同事,他们正在公司的自助餐厅吃午餐。
  Mary: I can't believe my eyes, Bill. Are you shavingsa salad for lunch? No burger?
  玛丽:比尔,我真不敢相信我的眼睛。你午餐只吃沙拉?不吃汉堡?
  Bill:Get used to it, Mary. I'm off burgers for good. Most fast food is loaded with sodium.
  比尔:玛丽,你得开始习惯喽。我已经决定永远不吃汉堡了。大部分快餐,钠的含量都很高。
  Mary: I know. But why your sudden interest in lessening your salt intake?
  玛丽:这我知道。但你为什么突然想减少盐的摄取量?
  Bill:My doctor says I should cut back on sodium-rich foods to lower my blood pressure.
  比尔:医生说我必须少吃高钠盐的食物以降低血压。
  Mary: Do you have hypertension? I would have thought you were too young.
  玛丽:你有高血压?你还这么年轻。
  Bill:Actually, my blood pressure isn't that high yet, but they say it increases with age.
  比尔:事实上我的血压也没有那么高,但据说血压会随年龄的增长而增高。
  Mary: Well, I'm glad you're starting to pay more attention to your diet.
  玛丽:啊,真高兴看到你开始比较注意饮食了。
  Bill:I want to lower my risk of heart attack and stroke, too.
  比尔:我也想降低得心脏病和中风的危险。
  Mary: So do I. That's why I've been trying to lower my cholesterol level.
  玛丽:我也是,这就是为什么我一直想降低胆固醇指数的原因。
  Bill:I've noticed you've been munching4 away on lots of fruits and vegetables recently.
      比尔:我注意到你最近大吃蔬菜水果。
  Mary: That's right. I could stand to lose a few pounds, too.
  玛莉:没错。这样我还可以减掉几磅。
  Bill:In that case, you should come to my health club with me.
    比尔:既然如此,你应该跟我一起去健身俱乐部。
  Mary: You've joined a health club? I would never have dreamed that you'd take something like this so seriously.
  玛丽:你参加健身俱乐部了?我做梦也没想到你会这样认真对待一件事。
  Bill:So, how about it? Can you tear yourself away from the TV tonight?
  比尔:怎么样?你舍得不看今晚的电视吗?
  Mary: Why not? If you can break your unhealthy eating habits, I can surely break a sweat.
  玛丽:为什么不呢?你都可以改正不良饮食习惯,我流点汗又何妨?



[ 本帖最后由 DZ 于 2007-8-22 03:23 PM 编辑 ]
作者: DZ    时间: 2007-8-22 16:21

看到这两个图片有没有觉得空气也清新了,so we'd better keep our health from diet
作者: chm8624    时间: 2007-9-27 22:04     标题: 发现有错误之处,请不吝赐教!!!

提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
作者: DZ    时间: 2007-9-28 14:15     标题: 回复 #3 chm8624 的帖子

My mouth is watering.--“我开始流口水了.”
还有一个形容词mouth-watering ,指的就是“垂涎三尺”或是“垂涎欲滴”

I only pay attention to the flavor when I was a lillte girl,but now  I'm more interested in nutrition

[ 本帖最后由 DZ 于 2007-9-28 02:22 PM 编辑 ]




欢迎光临 英语听力论坛 (http://bbs.tingroom.com./) Powered by Discuz! 7.2