- UID
- 15248
- 帖子
- 19457
- 积分
- 58820
- 学分
- 189562 个
- 金币
- 1000 个
- 性别
- 男
- 在线时间
- 20296 小时
|
1.In the nick of time: 紧要关头。
You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!
你刚好在那个时候帮我找到了主旨,我的老师就安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!
2.Let the cat out of the bag: 说出秘密。
Brady's surprise party is going to be great if you don't let the cat out of the bag.
如果你先保守秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会非常棒的!
3.Let the chips fall where they may: 让某事发生,不管其是好是坏。
I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.
不管结果怎样,我都会去试试参加啦啦队。
4.Lose your marbles:变得疯狂。
Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!
我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七篇ACT的作文!
5.Once in a blue moon: 罕见的。
In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.
在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是非常罕见的。
6.Plain as day: 显而易见的。
It's plain as day that you're in love with her, so just admit it.
显而易见你已经爱上她了,承认吧。
7.Play second fiddle: 居次位。
I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!
我真是讨厌落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做的好!
8.Put your foot in your mouth: 说错话。
Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.
杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。
9.Pull yourself together: 冷静下来;振作起来。
Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.
振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。
10.Sick and tired: 被打扰或困扰。
She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.
她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她郁闷不已。
|
|