- UID
- 261059
- 帖子
- 402
- 积分
- 702
- 学分
- 4431 个
- 金币
- 15 个
- 在线时间
- 250 小时
|
情景会话:我很高兴接受这份工作I am happy to accept this job
本帖最后由 xln1120 于 2011-10-14 13:20 编辑
音频收听地址http://talk.oralpractice.com/article_2655.html
A:Have you had a chance to look over the contract? 你有机会看一下合约吗?
B:Yes. I've read it carefully. 有。我很仔细地看过。
A:And do you have any questions? 你有什么问题吗?
B:No. But the contract stipulates that I will teach 22 hours a week.Will you have thatmany classes for me right away? 没有。但合约上规定我一周要教二十二个小时。你现在有那么多的课给我上吗?
A:No, probably not. For the first two weeks you may teach 10 or 15 hours. 没有,大概没有。前两周你可以后教十到十五小时。
B:But my salary will be 1100 dollars a month.Will you pay me that much for the first month?Because, I mean, I won't be working so many hours. 但我的薪水是一个月一千一百美元。你第一个月会付我那么多吗?因为,我的意思是,我没有工作那么多小时。
A:I understand. That's why I didn't write the date on the contract.For the first two weeks, we will pay you according to the hours you teach.When you have 22 hours of classes, then the contract will take effect.Is that alright with you? 我明白。那就是为什么我没有在合约上写日期。在前两周,我们会以你教的时数付你薪资。当你有教二十二个小时的课,合约就生效。这样对你来说可以吗?
B:Oh, so I don't sign the contract today. Is that right? 喔,所以我可以今天先不签吗?这样可以吗?
A:I don't want you to misunderstand, Miss Briggs.We are very serious about hiring you. We want you to teach for us.We usually do contracts this way because it is more convenient. 我不想你误解,布丽格丝小姐。我们是很慎重的要雇用你。我们希望你来这里教。我们通常这样签约是因为比较方便。
B:I can accept that. 我可以接受。
A:Good. And your benefits will begin immediately. 很好。你的福利就立刻生效。
B:Even my health insurance? 我的健康保险也是?
A:Yes. We will apply for your health insurance tomorrow.And your free membership in the club starts today if you like. 是的。我们明天会帮你申请健康保险。如果你喜欢,你今天就能成为免费的会员。
B:I have a few questions about the free membership. 我有几个关于免费会员的问题?A:
What would you like to know? 你想知道些什么?
B:Is my membership the same as paying club members?I mean, can I get discounts at club hotels? 我的会员身份是否跟付费会员一样呢?我的意思是,我可以在会员旅馆享有折扣吗?
A:Absolutely. The only difference is in the restaurant and bar vouchers. 绝对可以。唯一不同的在于餐厅和吧台抵用券。
B:What are bar vouchers? 什么是吧台抵用券?
A:Paying club members get around 300 dollars a year in restaurant vouchers.The vouchers can be used in the restaurant or the lounge.But we don't offer vouchers to employees. 付费会员可以拿到一年三百元的餐厅抵用券。抵用券可在餐厅及会客厅使用。但我们不给予员工抵用券。
B:But according to the contract, employees get a discount in the restaurant. 但根据合约上,员工可以在餐厅享有折扣。
A:That's right. So in a way, it is cheaper for you than for the members.You get more benefits than they do. 没错。换句话说,你是比会员花费更省。你有比他们有更多的福利。
B:So, for now, you want me to keep a copy of the contract.But we won't sign it yet. Isthat right? 所以,现在,你要我保留一份合约影印本。但我们还不签。是这样吗?
A:Yes. I've prepared the contract just so that you understand everything.So that you understand the terms. 是的。我准备合约只是想让你了解一切事情。想让你了解这些条件。
B:I understand.And according to the terms on the contract, I am happy to accept this job.I look forward to it. 我明白了。根据合约上的条件,我很高兴接受这个工作。我期待它。
A:I'm very pleased. We look forward to having you here, Miss Briggs. 我很高兴。我们期待你来这里,布丽格丝小姐。
分享更多情景口语 |
|